Following are the key points in Adidas Libro 4.0 Cricket bat:
1. Bat is developed with Grade B English Willow-
2. Bat Grains profile is superfine which gives clear willow with 4 to 6 straight grains.
3. It is a lightweight English Willow Cricket bat with weight around 1160 to 1200 gms.
4. Bat profile is developed by keeping in mind latest game need.
5. Edge profile of bat is around 35 to 38 mm which generates maximum power to shots.
6. This bat is developed for professional or advance level of cricket players.
7. It sweet spot is located at mid to low position which is suitable for mid to low bouncy pitches.
8. With high spine, this English willow cricket bat generates maximum power on shots.
9. Bat handle is very important part and this bat is equipped with 12 piece swark cane handle. 12 piece swark cane offer best combination of rigidity and flexibility which ensures the proper energy transfer from bat to cricket ball.
10. Willow cleft is processed with natural technique which offers better moisture content in willow.
11. Bat comes with full body padded cover.
12. Adidas modified the overall graphics and sticker of the bat. Now, new sticker comes with black color and new shape.
How to Care English Willow cricket Bat
Proper care of English Willow bat helps in increasing the performance and its life. Bat care includes following two steps:
A. Bat Oiling
B. Bat Knocking
Oiling of a English Willow Cricket Bat
Oiling of bat is very important and it is the first part of Cricket bat seasoning. Take 2 to 3 caps of linseed oil and gentle apply it on bat face, edge and backside. Use cotton to dip the linseed oil and then apply it gentle to bat faces. Use 2 to 3 coat of bat oil to do oiling and keep the bat for 24 hrs to absorb it to bat grains.
Bat oil make grains and fibers softer for knocking process. For English willow bat, Bat oiling is very important to lock the moisture inside the bat . Oil surface on bat lock the moisture content and keep them inside for durability. We all know that a dry willow is very fragile.
So Oiling of Bat performs two critical functions:
1. It softens the grains and fiber of Willow which helps in proper Knocking.
2. Bat oil locks the moisture contents inside the bat face so that moisture so those bats can performance better for extended use.
Knocking of English Willow Cricket Bat
Knocking of bat is the process in which a bat mallet is used to knock the bat. Bat mallet is made of wood and player needs to manually hit the bat face with mallet to make the bat surface hard. Knocking process should be done at least 24 hrs times to get best performance from bat. Knocking helps in improving the grain profile of bat which make further compress the willow.